I have no faith in the administrators of http://vivalibya.wordpress.com to publish my reply in its entirety to their comments. [for Sabina Guevara: I also do not believe suppressing links to other websites like you do!] I feel I should have an honest hearing; hence posting my full views here:
To start with, I declare that I have not been in Libya and not experienced in first-hand the past/present Government and its politics. Agree that all of my comments/posts are based entirely on newspapers/media – and thanks for the links from Sabina Guevara; appreciate and happy to receive the same and will go thru in coming days…
That said, I still don’t understand where in my post/comments I “insinuate that Saif is in some way guilty of crimes if not directly at least by being born as the son of Muammar Gaddafi.” I did not say that anywhere! I also did not say that Saif should feel guilty for being born as the son of Col. Gaddafi. Where did I say that? Please don’t put words in to others mouth to make yourselves right.
All I said it my post was Saif should be given a proper trial at ICC, as SAIF HIMSELF HAS REQUESTED! It is extra-ordinary and amusing for VivaLibya to argue with someone who is taking their side!
Let me re-iterate; I am no Gaddafi fan and I do not agree with all of his actions. But who agrees in entirety to anyone else? [Stephan Gowan from first link will agree with me! Stephan’s words – “’I’m not saying Gaddafi’s Libya was a model society”]
That is my understanding, and if proven otherwise I am ready to accept it and will feel happier about it. For my belief and understanding, I do not need a certificate from Sabina Guevara that I am an imperialist, thank you very much! Let us not insult each other but try to use better language!
I dare VivaLibya to publish my reply in its entirety – even though I know they would not do so. Why? Because my previous posts too were edited and some words were swallowed.
Sabina Guevara / VivaLibya, few questions for you:
- Where in my post/comments I said that Saif should feel guilty for being born as the son of Col. Gaddafi. I did not said this; show me proof where I said it.
- Why are you afraid of others comments, especially of those who are on your side on most of the issues?! Why don’t you publish my entire reply which in no way insults Libya, its Government, or Gaddafi family? Or is it because you are against an honest conversation?
English is NOT my first language, and can see words/sentences where I could be mis-represented. Let me re-iterate:
• I extremely value the sentiments of Libyans and understand their emotions.
• I strongly protest / disagree with assassination of Gaddafi. It was a barbaric act and those who did it should face trial.
• I am not against Gaddafi, his family or a free Libya. [I hope this is clear from my comments, but let me say it again for absolute clarity!]
• I believe Col. Gaddafi was true and courageous man, who stood , followed and fought for what he believed – against western invaders, capitalists and hooligans.
• I humbly stand with Libyans against the invaders and western powers which ransacked Libya.
Let me wish all the best for all who fights for a just and free Libya. I sincerely believe and am convinced that there are enough strong-willed and able souls who can hold discussions/ conversations and will bring justice for Libya and its people. I sincerely believe true Libya will rise like Phoenix from ashes.